SPRINGDALE, NL — Pride Week officially kicked off Monday, June 4 in Springdale with a flag raising and proclamation signing. The week primarily came to be as a result of the controversy that surrounded Springdale Town Council’s denial of the Indian River High Gender Sexuality Alliance’s (GSA) request to paint a rainbow crosswalk on a road near the school. Council said at the time they would work with the GSA on other ways to support their mandate.
- Springdale council denies request for rainbow crosswalk from Indian River High's Gender Sexuality Alliance
- Road trip to a town divided: How Springdale really feels about the rainbow crosswalk controversy
- Springdale students give presentation on rainbow crosswalk, council to review its request
- The emotions behind the scenes of the rainbow crosswalk controversy in Springdale
- Newfoundland celebrities roast Town of Springdale for rejecting rainbow crosswalk
- Woman behind Baie Verte rainbow crosswalk surprised by controversy in Springdale